Effective: December 2019
Last Updated: March 18, 2022
ACM reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We may also provide additional notice of changes, as appropriate.
The personal identifiable information (personal information) obtained by ACM includes and is generally limited to personal identifying information like social security numbers and date of birth, contact information like address, telephone number, and email address; information from credit report, financial data like account numbers, and IP addresses when consumers view our website, use our online payment function or complete an online employment application.
A. What Personal Information We Collect
- Information You Provide: We receive and store personal information when you sign up for online statements, when you view your account online, when you make an online payment, and when you complete an online job application.
- Information from Other Sources: We receive personal information from the current creditor of your account as well as credit reporting agencies and third-party location services for the purpose of “skiptracing”. Skiptracing is permissible under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act 15 USC 1692a and Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S. Code § 1681b in connection with the collection of a debt.
- Company Site Access Information: We track how consumers access our website to provide a more visibly pleasing experience whether it be through a mobile telephone, tablet, or other device: the type of device, unique device ID, device IP address, device operating system, and diagnostic data.
B. What Do We Use Your Personal Information For
We use your personal information to provide collection services to our clients and offer consumers online account access.
- In connection with the collection of a debt: Alliant Capital Management LLC (ACM) is a debt collection agency and any information we obtain is used for that purpose. We collect personal information obtained in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act 15 USC 1692a § 803.7 Definitions “location Information”, the Fair Credit Reporting Act 15 U.S. Code § 1681b “Permissible purposes of consumer reports” and provided by the consumer themselves.
- Website Services: Online payment capabilities, account access, information request, online employment applications, and other web-based services.
- Consumer Communications: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to ACM services, required disclosures or to resolve consumer dissatisfaction via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, mail).
- Compliance Purposes: As we believe appropriate (a) in order to comply with applicable law & legal process, including to respond to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court, government agency, or law enforcement), (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to detect, prevent and/or investigate possible wrongdoing, security incidents, or fraudulent activities in connection with the Company Site, our technology and products, or the like, (d) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates, (e) to protect our rights, property, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others, or (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
C. Do we share your personal information
- The Sale of Consumer Information: ACM does collect personal information in connection of the collection of a debt but does not sell personal consumer information.
- Account Transfer: In accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, obtained information is provided to our client when the account is paid in full, settled in full, returned for closure or compliance purposes or withdrawn per client request.
- Advertising: ACM does not share or sell your information for advertising.
- Combining Information: We may combine personal information that you submit on or through the ACM website with information that we collect from and about you from other sources, offline and online, including our client.
D. How Secure Is My Personal Information?
Our online systems is designed with consumer and client data privacy in mind. Our organization goes through an annual SSAE 18 audit to ensure organizational and systemic compliance.
- ACM protects the security of personal consumer information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- ACM follows the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- ACM utilizes physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal consumer information.
- It is important for the consumer to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to their computers, devices, and applications. Consumer should be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
E. How Secure Is My Personal Information?
You can access your account information, including your name, address, email address, payment options, payment history, profile information.
F. Personal Information Collected
The following are examples of information we collect when performing collection agency services for our client, you create an online profile to review your account data and/or make online payments or your complete an online employment application.
- Personal Identifiable Information including Name, address, email address, social security number, telephone number, cellular number, current employment, prior employment.
- We also collect information that does not specifically identify you including credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information and associated expiration dates.
G. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can make updates to your contact information on the Website. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to correct any personal information that you have provided to us.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
H. California Consumer Privacy Act
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Rights: The CCPA requires us to communicate information about rights California consumers have to request access to their personal information (as that term is defined by the CCPA), to request deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, to request to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information (if applicable), and the right not to be discriminated against.
For details about how to exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call our toll-free telephone number at 1-855-546-9103.
California consumers may designate an authorized agent to exercise these options on their behalf. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise these rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights.
Sales of Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information within the meaning of the CCPA.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Alliant Capital Management LLC.
1965 Sheridan Drive,
Buffalo, New York 14223
Toll Free: 855-546-9103